If you are interested in Recycling and the Plastics Industry of NZ, then the following may be of use to you:
- The Waste Management Institute of New Zealand
- Plastics New Zealand is the Trade Association for the Plastics Manufacturing Industry in New Zealand. We represent New Zealand manufacturers, raw material suppliers and recyclers of plastic products. The site is designed to provide up to date and factual information on Plastics in New Zealand.
- NZ Plastics Industry news and information
- Plastics New Zealand Annual Report 2009 [PDF]
- Packaging Accord Year 5 report [PDF]
- Design For the Environment Guidelines 2006 [PDF]
Design for the Environment is about developing products in a way that minimises their environmental impact. By using Design for
the Environment principles, a good quality, desirable and cost-effective product can be developed that also has a reduced impact
on the environment.
- Managing theTransition: Degradable Plastics In New Zealand – A Guide and Industry Commitment. [PDF]
The purpose of this guide is to help all those designing products with degradable plastic polymers (raw
material suppliers, manufactures, brand owners) to take a lifecycle approach and understand and apply all relevant
- Plastics Identification code [PDF]
This international code was developed to meet
recyclers' needs while providing manufacturers
with a consistent, uniform system that could apply worldwide.
- The Packaging Council of New Zealand is industry’s voice on policies affecting packaging and packaging waste.
- RONZ is the industry organisation that represents, advocates for, and advances, the diverse interests of its business members, the recyclers of NZ.